My vintage ornaments for 2018

SQDSC_6911

Remember that post of mine on my crazy collection of wooden ornaments last year?, well I add to my collection every year. I have to be careful, looks like I am going for a world record here. I will need to get one of those gigantic trees to put all my ornaments on if I keep this up.

SQDSC_6914.JPG

Anyway, here they are, hope you all love them just as much as me. This is why I need at least two trees in our home during the holidays. I have to also put out all my sentimental ornaments that my kids made me through the years too.

SQDSC_6918.JPG

This was unusual, a dog with a hat. I always come across cats but there don’t seem to be as many dogs out there.

SQDSC_6920.JPG

Love my little angels, this one is in a little house.

SQDSC_6923.JPG

I have one a teddy bear with a flag already in my collection, but I am hoping my kids split this collection up between them some day and they will each get one of each style of these vintage pieces.

SQDSC_6926.JPG

These are so fun. You pull the string and they dance away.

SQDSC_6929.JPG

Old Nick sitting in a chair. Always enjoy seeing the detail in these types of ornaments.

SQDSC_6935.JPG

Rainbow balloon. With all these colors this was one of my favorites.

SQDSC_6937.JPG

A very tiny Santa sitting on a little package. This one had adorable all over it, again…at least to me. Guess I am pretty easy to please.

SQDSC_6941.JPG

A puzzle piece of a bear. I have to be honest, this piece drove me a little nuts because it kept coming apart but it is a puzzle after all so that’s it’s job. If I can keep all the pieces together this one might turn out to be a rare one in the end.

SQDSC_6942.JPG

Santa in a sleigh.

SQDSC_6948.JPG

Wooden soldier, great piece for all the nutcracker fans. There is a new Disney movie coming out on that story, can’t wait to see this with my family. One of our favorite Christmas traditions is to watch Christmas movies.

SQDSC_6957.JPG

Love my snowmen. This one is very tiny.

SQDSC_6959.JPG

The last one is of a woman holding a gift. It reminds me of pioneer women. I wonder if this little gift the woman is holding is something she made lovingly with her own two hands.

SQDSC_6960.JPG

Hope you all are having a wonderful holiday season full of love and happiness. If you have any favorite ornaments I would love to see them.

these are adorable! thank you for sharing!

1. You’re welcome, glad you liked them. My mother just gave me a couple today that she was selling at her yard sale.

🙂 enjoy your day!

There always something with vintage stuff that can not be outshine by today’s made.

3. So cute! I’ve never seen a puzzle piece – how unique and a dancing ornament – how great is that!

1. Oh my gosh, it never ends either. I found a Mrs. Claus this weekend at the outdoor market for .50 cents. She is holding a tiny mop made from red yarn…so cute.

the are so cute I can see how you must have them all! funny you say there are more cat ornaments then dogs. My sons GF loves cats, she is in her second year of university and she was saying she loved my tree and she decorates with whatever she has on hand, I thought it would be fun to find her thrifted cat ornaments, would you believe it I found not even one. I ended up finding a cat stocking, meant for actual cats at Christmas I think, but its just so cute.

1. That always happens. When ever we really want something at we go out searching for it, we never seem to find it. It is fun hunting for them though.

Half the fun is looking we always say

5. I know and I always enjoy reading the stories about those ornaments.

6. These are all adorable. Makes me miss all my ornaments. I didn’t put up a tree this year, and seeing your ornaments reminds me why I like putting one up 🙂

1. I did tiny trees this year. I just did not have the energy to do a big tree. The tiny tree was in a thrift store on our way back from a trip up north when we went up to check on Our Little Red House. The tree was off in a corner all alone like it had been waiting for me to pick up and take home to decorate. I got the whole tree, lights, ribbon and some ornaments all for under $10. The same sized tree plain was for sale at another store brand new for $40. I do love a bargain now and then.

7. Sartenada says:

They are so lovely! It was a great joy to see them.

Thank You.

1. Thank you. I love coming across them out in the world, I just can’t help myself and have to buy them.