Dirt cheap DIY-Spring and Easter decor

I was on a roll being frugal with my Spring decorating. I decided to continue searching for items around this old home in our city for something I could use to make our home feel more like Spring and Easter.

I found this in our garden. This glass dome used to belong to my daughter, she put it into her donation pile last month. I knew I could use it for something in the garden so I kept it for me. Think she will want it back once she sees the transformation.

I have piles of twigs and empty plastic containers.

I even have some grapevines from our grapes that would be nice to decorate with.

And I bought this for $2 secondhand. I have lots of accessories in my piles of nick nacks at home I can decorate this up with.

This little chunky wooden bird ornament that I picked up for .25 cents at a yard sale.

And this is what I came up with. The glass dome I put on a cake stand and decorated with moss, twigs and eggs.

I added a topiary to it after adding twigs and needle felting lemons for it.

The lemons were a bit of a challenge, at first that is. Remember, I am pretty new at this needle felting business, but practice makes perfect. The lemons started out looking like yellow eggs and slowly slowly they started taking on a lemon shape. I love this little tree, I can switch it up for the seasons, adding needle felted apples, leaves, oranges, flowers etc…

This was probably my funnest remake out of all the projects. I think it came out so cute and I even added some old fashioned stickers and a couple little clay bunnies my daughter sculpted.

Also had fun decorating this Easter wreath. If I had to add up the total cost for this wreath it was all under $3. Price wreaths out in the world, they tend to get very expensive.

The Easter grass box became this.

The little fuzzy duck was from Hobby Lobby. I am not getting anything for promoting that store, just wanted to let you all know just in case you want a cute little fuzzy duck yourself. The fresh flowers I clipped from my garden that morning. Think the little duck was less then a couple dollars with a coupon.

The twigs and plastic plant containers became these.

And that little bird, grapevines and fresh clippings from my garden that morning became this.

There are always little items out in the world just waiting to be redone and made pretty once again. A little TLC never hurts anything.

I bet there are tons of things around all your homes too, that can be used for a new update. Happy hunting around your home. Hope you find many things to decorate with. Remember to try to use up what you have on hand first. Also try to buy local or thrift-ed items first when decorating your homes. Nothing wrong with shopping every now and then for new items but if you can avoid more waste on this planet by re-purposing or buying used and locally made items, then this planet of ours will have a chance to heal. It is so much easier to live a life debt free, less stress for us all. Happy Spring decorating everyone.

The bird nest is so adorably cute and I love the topiary, beautiful!

1. Thank you. Think I might leave it all out for Mother’s day too. I love flowers so much. I always miss them in the summer months. Our temps are so hot here during the summer, that nothing really survives except cacti.

2. Michelle says:

All of these are so pretty!! I can’t decide which is my favorite. 🙂

3. krcc says:

wow, all pretty and that ducky is too cute in its pretty flowered nest! 🐥

1. Thank you, that was one of my favorites too. I really love little birds.

All adorable! I cant wait to garage sale this year for 25cent crafty things, love that little bird redo!

1. Thank you, I have a post coming up on a yard sale. I have to pre-post because I do get busy sometimes and it is hard to keep up, so I try to write at least four post per month ahead of time, and if I have time I add more. My favorite yard sale finds are the tiny little quarter items too. I love looking through a table filled with that. I always wonder what garage sales and stores look like in other areas and just curious to what else it out there in the world for people to buy.

I wonder too! Its why i lovw going to out of town garage sales. In 3 weeks a little neae by town has a huge entire town sale. The kids hated going but maybe this year hubz and I can head over. Also In a few weeks is our pwr shelters annual 24 hour garage sale…we go every year several timea throigh the day..once at midnight and then hubz who is an early bird often gets up and head over juat before its over at 7am

2. I would love to see these sales you are talking about. How fun. The one I will be posting on later, my kids did not attend with me this time. They are grown now so they like their own things. It was just my husband and I. I always like those huge sales that come once a year in our area, there is so much to look through and I always take my little treasures home to redo and clean up. It’s a fun hobby of mine.

Me too! I do shop out of necessity when need be but mostly I am on the hunt for things to redo! 2 summers ago hubz went to a garage sale and bought an old metal gum ball dispenser, he mentioned how I was going to kill him spending $20 on it ( truth is it was well worth it and i loved it lol, it sits in our games room now) the lady asked if i knit or crochet, she sent him home with 2 garbage bags full of wool (most brand new) point of my long story lol…I hope to find wool for my now officially empty stash! This summer at sales

4. That was steel at $20, those are hard to find. I love wool yarn, what a great gift. I bet you made a lot of cool things with that.

5. efge63 says:

Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Easter!!!!

1. Happy Easter to you as well and thank you so much, glad you like them.

1. efge63 says:

6. kathyscrafts1 says:

WOW!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!! HAVE A BLESSED EASTER CELEBRATION!!!!

1. Thank you Kathy, you and yours have a beautiful and blessed Easter weekend as well.

7. That was all so, so pretty. Never in a million years could I create something as lovely as you have!

1. So sweet, thank you. I know you can do it too and you will have fun as well. Get out a big basket of yarns, some scissors, glue and invite family and friends over and decorate away. Have a very Happy Easter.

1. Thank you! And you too!

8. Wow beautiful collection!

9. If you are lucky to live around a Dollar Tree, there are also some great finds there to use on the cheap! 🤗

1. I know, love shopping there. My favorite Dollartree store is up north on our way to Our Little Red House. It is in a little mountain town. Their dollar store in that tiny little town is huge. The one we have here in the city is kind of small and always messy but the one up north is so nice and they have so many more products. We always stop there to load up on popcorn for our VCR movie nights up in the house and pretty DIY projects to work on. In Our Little Red House up north there is no phone, no cable television, so no new stations…just a quiet little break now and then.

10. We have them everywhere here in the South! I was just in one yesterday! 😂

1. I have cousins in Siloam Springs Arkansas and Oklahoma. They go to the dollar stores as well and they make the coolest stuff from dollar store supplies.

11. Your Little Ted House sounds like an awesome get-away, by the way!

1. Perfectly okay, I knew exactly what you meant. I always laugh at my mistakes and believe me I make a ton.

2. This iPhone thinks it can spell words better than I can! It keeps changes them to remind me! 😂🤣

3. So funny, I don’t know what I would do without those little red lines to remind me of all my misspellings. Have a great weekend.

1. It is a nice break from the city. Up there it is like time stood still. They still have kids that go to school on horses and every now and then there will be a wagon with horses out that are headed to Cherry creek store. So different from the city with the sirens, light rail noises, and helicopters too. It is so quiet up there that is can be hard to sleep if you aren’t used to it.

1. Sounds like paradise!