DIY-Frugal Floral displays.

Spring is one of my favorite times of the year. I always miss the flowers out in my garden when they are all gone. To make up for that, I have faux arrangements displayed throughout the house.

I like shopping second hand, but sometimes I will pick up some fillers if there is a good Faux flower sale going on. We have a discount thrift store (some of you will be familiar with this) where you buy things by the pound.

I will spend a day searching for Spanish moss, dried flowers, faux plants and flowers, ribbons, floral tape etc…think you get the point. And I will load up on a giant bag of things to decorate my home for Spring with.

Here are just a few of the arrangements I was able to make with my haul of faux supplies.

This piece of Styrofoam was perfect for a little floral arrangement I had in mind.

I painted it. Wrapped some pretty fabric and ribbon around it. Then added flowers.

I picked up these clear bottles at the dollar store. They remind me old fashioned milk bottles.I originally planned on taking them up north to Our Little Red House for wildflower pickings, still may do that.

I painted them black.

And painted over that with white chalk paint. Then used a wet washcloth to age it.

I had a damaged wreath I bought second hand for vases like this. It was really light so maybe it was a little over a pound. Whole wreath was probably a little over a $1.

I used the dried flowers to make little arrangements for my bottles.I have been collecting glass bottles and adding flowers to them since I was a tiny little girl. At the local swap meet they used to sell dried flowers. I would take my weekly allowance and buy all kinds of different colors. Then I passed out flowers to everyone. Guess some things we never outgrow.

Picked this green basket up at a yard sale.

Painted it white.

Then added an arrangement of faux flowers to it.

Remember, it doesn’t cost a lot to bring a little sunshine into our homes. Always better to use fresh flowers of course, but if none are available in your area, then second hand faux are the next best thing. Hope you all get a chance to fill your own homes up with some sunshine. Happy crafting everyone.

Photo flub- Is that what they call it? This is funny, so have to share with you all. You notice that last photo of the basket floral bouquet I did? Look closely and you will see a bottle of tacky glue stuffed upside down in it. I looked all over the house for that tacky glue. Finally I gave up and went to a new bottle that I had stashed away. Then these photos were uploaded and I saw in the photo that bottle of glue. Guess I forgot I had it in there. I just took a photo really quick and wrote up a post. I was busy with getting things ready for a mini trip up north to Our Little Red House. So funny. You know how tacky glue is, that stuff is hard to get out of those bottles, so you have to store it upside down when you are using it.

I look at your pictures and want to come visit your home! 🙂 such beauty

1. You always write the sweetest comments. thank you for that. I have had people come into our home and say how comfortable it is, how relaxed they feel. One friend of mine said she loved how I leave art supplies out in baskets for anyone who feels childlike and just wants to play and create. Up north at Our Little Red House, we do the same thing, and we had a friend start to fall asleep once in a big comfy chair of ours looking out at an open country field as quiet as could be. Another friend said, there was a lot of love and life in our home when they stepped in. Plants, beautiful giant goldfish in an over-sized acrylic tank, a fuzzy cat waiting to be petted…everyone home should be filled with love and peace. I love sharing a tiny part of that with you all through my photos, so happy you like them.

Thank you for your kind words. A huge congratulations to you to have such a warm and welcoming home, I know this takes effort and intention on your part and what a wonderful blessing it is for all who are blessed to enter. Also…….the ability to convey this through your photos is a gift. Well done and thank you for sharing.

2. Tanya Kohl says:

Very pretty! I love doing crafts with faux flowers. Thanks for the inspiration.🌼

3. Michelle says:

All of your projects are so cute! I just picked up a couple of those bottles today to paint. I love yours!

1. Awww…thank you. Don’t those bottles look like old fashioned milk bottles?. I should go back and get more to give out as gifts.

4. Camie says:

You have a talent for floral arrangements! I bet your home feels quite welcoming. Your photo flub made me smile.

1. I looked everywhere for that glue. I laughed so hard when I pulled up the photos and saw that glue bottle sticking out. I was in a hurry to get a quick shot before heading out the door that I never noticed it then. It does kind of blend in a little.

1. Camie says:

It makes for a funny story anyhow. 😅

5. Somehow “see” your posts from a different view since reading the “500 follower” one……ups, btw. totally forgot to congratulate you on that 🙂 !! }
    But it’s not in bad way, rather the opposite……now some things just seem to have a different meaning and come from a different place.
    Thanks again so much for being open and having to stayed true to yourself !
    Can’t have been easy ….. but what a great role model you are for your family 🙂
    Take care !

1. Thank you, That was not a normal post for me. Try to always keep things positive and hold on and share the good memories. It is better that way. Everything happens for a reason they say. It helped me when I needed to reach my son, I needed to be strong for that. Got him to talk, read and write. He didn’t speak for years, he was non-verbal. I basically turned our home into a school and every moment of the day we were all creative together. I will stick with the happy posts, they are more fun anyway.

1. They might be more fun and also a relief for you being able to focus on the better side of life……but for the readers those are the posts that stick and make them relate to you, sometimes even feel understood maybe being in a similar situation and thinking they’re alone in this world!
        So, thanks again for showing this side of you 🙂

2. Awww…you’re welcome. We all need to vent now and then, it is good for us. Guess it was just my time.

6. 3C Style says:

There is so much that I like in this post. From your first floral arrangement pic to that white painted basket, not to mention the clear bottles DIY. Wow! You are so creative. I also like to display faux arrangements throughout the house. Have a wonderful and creative week ahead.

7. I love what you did with the bottles! I love bottles, and baskets and candle holders and picture frames. Wow didn’t seem like too many things to like to collect but after writing it down hahaha. I have gotten better but if I see cute little bottles like these, then they are coming home with me 🙂

I love the first pic of the wooden tote with flowers….i have a few stuffed with flowers similarly. I love faux cacti too. And of course do like you..sale…discount…or second hand florals!

1. Bargain shopping is the best. I am transplanting cacti today, stickers are everywhere. The faux cacti are the safest, no pokes.

9. Lois Lane says:

These are beautiful thanks for sharing

1. Thank you Lois, so glad you liked it.