Spring has stopped by to say hello to Fall

WOW! We are crawling with flowers over here, at one of our home stores that is. I am sure you will be able to guess which big store chain I am talking about when you look through these photos. The place is surrounded by flowers.

I finally had a break in my schedule to head over and check out the succulents available there. Remember mine all died, well except for a couple. I am starting over now, lets see if I can get it right this time when it comes to caring for these adorable chunky little green plants.

Once I stepped into the store I was amazed at all the flowers.

I got so distracted that I forgot I was there to buy succulents.

I decided I needed some flowers to cheer up my garden.

But it was so hard to decide.

I stood back and just admired all those colors everywhere. The store had become a Monet painting.

The bees were happier then the customers, they were hoping from one flower to the next.

When I turned a corner and saw the succulents I remembered why I was there. I was not happy with the selection though. Guess I am not the only one who struggled over the summer with my succulents, look how sad these little guys look. Succulents are pretty sturdy though so I hope who ever tosses these knows to take them home and let them grow back on their own, if they can that is, but at least try. Guess Arizona weather is harsh for some of these plants.

I passed on the outside succulents and decided to check and see what was available inside the store instead.

I think they have all these flowers in our state at the moment because of our Day of the Dead celebrations here. Visit some of our grave sites around the city and there are flowers and alters with family photos and gifts everywhere. It is a beautiful site. Families celebrate passed love ones and remember their times with them on this day. It is like that movie Coco.

Once I was done picking out my flowers I headed into the store to see the rest of the plants and walked into a Winter Wonderland of sorts. Faux Christmas trees were everywhere.

My favorite tree in the bunch had a price tag that was around $500, can you imagine that. I did not grow up with a lot of money, so even if I were ever rich (not going to happen unless I win the lottery and I don’t play) I would still never pay $500 dollars for a Christmas tree.

I think it would cause anxiety in me. Every time I would look at that tree I would think, what did I do, why did I spend $500 on a tree. It was pretty though so this would be the one I would pick. It just happen to also be the most expensive one in the group. In my family some would say I have caviar taste on a beer budget. I don’t eat or drink either of those things so that is a bit funny.

And right next to these trees was Halloween…welcome to a commercial holiday season everyone.

I found the succulents in the store and again, they were all in a really bad way. I passed on the succulents and headed home with my flowers instead.

It was nice seeing Spring during the Fall. Hope you all enjoyed this little shopping trip with me. Happy shopping adventures everyone and remember it’s not how much you spend this holiday season, it’s how much time you spent making memories with the people you love.

wow! I can’t imagine all the beauty that you are still enjoying in November….all our flowers are now long gone!

Happy dia de los Muertos! It is something we celebrate in our home!

1. That is so beautiful. We go to a lot of events around our city here and that is such a beautiful celebration to witness. I love hearing the stories behind the past loves ones and seeing all the things they used to love displayed everywhere. You and your family have a beautiful Sunday Wendi and Happy dia los Muertos too.

Thank you so very much! 🙂 Thank you for sharing the beauty that surrounds you!

2. Suvi says:

Lovely flowers, a beautiful burst of color compared to the grey outside (at least here). Love the look of Winter Wonderland. I went to get some new lights for our porch today and visited a similar section. I just adore all those Christmas decorations but I don’t really need them or have any place to put new ornaments, so I left with just the lights and a timer.

1. Thank you Suvi. I also have a ton of Christmas decor just waiting to be brought our again from our attic. I love seeing all the new designs out but I don’t have the room for the old and the new, so I stick with what I have for now, I especially love decorating our trees out front with lots of tiny lights.

3. Liz says:

A lovely colourful display. I would have been fascinated with it.

1. I wish everyone could see it in person. The store must have just gotten a huge shipment in that day because there were so many flowers everywhere they were even displayed on the floors.

4. ruthsoaper says:

Seeing all of those flowers makes me a little jealous. We are feeling very winter-like here. I totally agree with you on not paying that much for a Christmas tree. Even the price of the pumpkins was crazy. My husband found some about that size for $4 each. I was good with that.

1. Wish I could send some your way. Your farm will be looking like that again, it is so pretty where you live. Those pumpkins were too much. I also bought one around the same size for $4. I remember seeing that price and my jaw dropped open in shock. Sometimes in the city there are places that do charge too much for certain items, you just have to know where to shop. One time we went to a pumpkin farm and they were charging to get into the event $15 per person, then you had to pay for each ride or booth they were doing, and the pumpkin’s out in the fields were $20 and up…I was in shock. My Aunt wanted to buy my kids (they were little then) each their own pumpkins and I said “Absolutely not, that is way too much” of course I whispered it, didn’t want to offend anyone. I bought the kids a pumpkin at another farmers market for $2 each. They were the perfect size for them. Sometimes here in the city that happens, people pay a lot for the environment and entertainment of visiting a pumpkin patch. We paid $15 just to walk in, that is a lot for a family of 4, the kids were half off though.

1. ruthsoaper says:

We talked to our neighbors last week after they took their kids to the apple orchard to pick out their pumpkins. They said they paid $52 for three pumpkins. I couldn’t believe it. They probably spent $$ on other attractions as well. I’m sure glad my kids are grown. We usually like to grow our own but this year was a bad year for that. I only had a few small ones to make into pie.

2. Isn’t that shocking…$52 on pumpkins. I have heard about these bad crops everywhere around the country and that is scary. The weather wasn’t the best to grow things in this year I guess. You farmers are workers and we need more of you guys out there, you really do keep the world fed. Thank you for that, just in case no one has ever thanked you. You keep this planet going too, we need more life on this planet and the green things do make everything so pretty.

3. ruthsoaper says:

Thank you for the acknowledgement I don’t think anyone has ever thanked us unless they were buying our produce, 🙂

4. You’re welcome . Wish more people would be thankful then maybe there wouldn’t be so many people unhappy in life.

5. Pallavi says: