Grow the Gratitude Tag, Day 1

Rachel over at Rachel and fierce started up a Grow the Gratitude tag. Thank you Rachel for including me in such a great idea. We do need some positive out there in the world right now. Check out Rachel’s site and her post on her family. You have a beautiful family and I love how close you all are. Your kids will have many things to be grateful for when they are adults.

Okay, this is how it works. Every day for seven days, you post one thing you are grateful for or how gratitude was shown on your day.

To grow the gratitude, each day tag a couple people to help it grow. We spend a lot of time always hearing the negativity on the news, social media, or whatever, so lets make it a little bit more thankful.

Rules-

Have fun

show gratitude

Be sincere

Post everyday for seven days something that you were thankful for that day. It doesn’t have to be elaborate. It can be simple, or it could be how you showed gratitude to someone or vice versa.

Tag  few fellow bloggers to grow gratitude

Give a shout out to Rachel and fierce, who created the tag and the person who tagged you to join.

Day 1

I’m  grateful to have a husband that loves to cook and grow food for his family and friends.

Every day he is up to something in the kitchen. He made pretzels for us all the other day and then decided to show our daughter and son (ages 19 and 21) how to make their own just because he saw how much they enjoyed the bag they bought at the mall earlier.

It’s like that quote about teaching a man to fish and they will eat forever. My husband loves teaching everyone how to fish.

It is so fun to see him get excited about food he grows from his garden and then preparing meals from that food.

This week our food surprises were those pretzels, poached pears and soon to come olives for the Italian style pizza’s he makes for everyone.

He says I am the best sandwich maker out there in the world and will always ask me to make him one every now and then.The rest of us in the family try to surprise him also with food treats we make. He is still the best when it comes to cooking yummy meals.

Everyone in our family loves treating each other with the things we make for one another. It always feels good to give to others and it also feels great receiving from others  too knowing they get that happy feeling of giving as well.

Sharing great recipes is a gift to us all. I included some extra bloggers with this tag. For anyone else who would like to participate please feel free to and to the ones I am tagging if you don’t want to participate that is fine too, just wanted to let you know how hard it is  to take time out to blog and I appreciate and enjoy all you share.

I am tagging four followers that are always giving to others with free printables and patterns. They also happen to be some really nice bloggers as well. I always enjoy reading their comments and having them stop by our site for a visit.

Dandelion B

Mel

Deeksha Pathak

Haphazard Homemaker

1. So glad you are enjoying this Tag! And homemade pretzels?? I’ve never made homemade pretzels 😭 I need to get on that! 🙂 Thanks for showing the love!

1. You’re very welcome and thank you for starting this up. I will have to post the pretzel recipe in the future because they are so delicious.

Thank you so much for tagging me in this Grow The Gratitude! Very sweet of you! I must find one week that would allow me to post everyday lol! Your husband can cook and love to grow food, yes that is a great gift! Well, thanks again and congrats!

1. You’re welcome Mel and thank you for all the creative and fun posts of yours. No pressure to participate , just pass on kindness out there in the world, which I can tell you already do.

Aww, thank you! hugs!

3. Thank you for tagging me. I am honored! I need to get my thoughts together and plan ahead a bit to post for 7 days in a row. 🙂

1. You’re welcome and no pressure. Love your site and wanted to include you.

running through, thank you so much for the tag, I don’t think I will get to participating but cant wait to get a second to read all of your 7posts. My hubz loves to cook too, the weekends we try new recipes for fun and Sundays are usually his day to make dinner.

1. That’s fine, it is perfectly understandable, it is hard keeping up with awards and tags. I almost didn’t do the whole 7 days because I am trying to get a room and master bathroom redone before the holidays. It would be nice to have the money to hire painters but with two kids in college and Christmas coming up we have to be frugal, so we rebuild and fix up things ourselves. I ended up doing the grateful tag because another follower of mine is doing something everyday this month that she is grateful for and thought it would be nice to contribute in some way. I love being included too and it is fun reading what others have to be thankful for too. Just doing what you are doing is so nice, the things you are making up for everyone. I still haven’t gotten to that, hope to this weekend. Always a treat with someone cooks for us and my husband loves cooking. Have a great weekend.

2. I didn’t get a chance to comment on your holiday wreaths…they are so cute. My favorite is the snowmen but they are all nice and I am never tired of seeing what creative ways you come with in using plastic canvas. Love those gnomes. Okay, I am off now, been a very long day. Hope you are feeling better today too and have a great weekend.

and I am only now getting a chance to comment back sorry. Thank you, the snowman is my fave too.

2. That’s okay, hope you are feeling better.

Rough week…you know they saying when i rains it pours? Nursing my big boy today after his wisdom.tooth extration (hes 20 but still my baby) while everything else that can go wrong is! This too shall pass. Hope your renos are coming alonelg stress free

4. Ouch, I hope he is feeling better soon. You have had a rough week. What a time to have wisdom teeth pulled. I am so far behind on those rooms, don’t know why I decided to do it the week of Thanksgiving and we have a bunch of storms and rain headed our way, which makes everything cold wet and miserable. I did finish the windows today and all the doors except one. You know how doors are, there are a lot of places to paint around. Nothing fancy for the update, trying to stay within a budget but it is nice moving furniture around and changing the colors now and then.

He is surprisingly doing well.i hate painting doors..keep them mostly.white now so even tho the white is never the perfect match it hides my missed spots haha. Some paint.moved furniture and thrifted odds and ends is my idea of a reno lol.

6. Me too. All my doors are white too except for the bedroom. White and black are the perfect colors because they go with everything.