Please Pray…

“One small prayer can change a big situation. Have faith and trust in God.”

It has happened. The ugly red monster has found it’s way to people we know. My daughter’s high school friend just lost his grandfather who caught it, he is from the Navajo nation. The grandson texted my daughter to ask for her prayers for their family, they have been hit hard. My uncle was admitted to the hospital a couple weeks ago,  he is on a ventilator and has pneumonia now, but it isn’t Corona from all his other symptoms. A man up in the small town where Our Little Red house is, has died from pneumonia. Seems to be a whole lot of pneumonia going on for March.

This post although starting out with such shock, because it is exactly how I feel, is a post also meant to inspire. Today when out walking around I saw that our Sunflowers are starting to come up. I wanted to share these beautiful photos with you all and to remind everyone to please send well wishes and prayers out there in the world. Those numbers you see all the time about cases all around the world have real humans attached to them. People that are loved and missed or worried over right now as I type this out. Do not look at those numbers as just numbers, they are people, real people…so please, PRAY for them and their families.

Dear God, Dispel my fear. End my anxiety. Wipe worry from my mind. May the one I care about find good health and complete recovery. Make known the healing power of your hands. Give comfort and shelter beneath your wings. Grant restorative sleep tonight and safe passage tomorrow.

I also want to remind everyone that even in times like these there are so many beautiful moments and people out there doing good deeds. Some links below are about all the positive things and moments happening everywhere right now.

Things like:

People making masks to donate to others

Virtual activities for kids stuck at home from school closures

Food donations

The strong helping  the weak.

And bloggers praying for the whole world right now (thank you Wendy, Margaret, Pure Glory, heart tokens, smileyriley, Holly…oh my goodness, I can’t think of everyone right now but you all know who you are Thank you, please keep doing what you are doing.)

Library lady -love this post about positive things happening during this time.

Robin at Haphazard homemaker. Thank you so much for making masks

Simple Wendi– Thank you for your prayers

Earth has no sorrow that heaven can not heal.   Thomas Moore

So many beautiful and kind people doing their parts. Stay positive everyone. I will keep you in my prayers. My uncle is okay today as I write this but we are taking things day by day. I do have some good news about a cousin over in Italy in Bologna. She was having a hard time breathing and had a fever. The hospitals were too full and they recommended to stay home. We told them to rest and get sunlight as much as possible while fighting whatever they had. My daughter came to me to ask me to pray so I did.

” Don’t think of the things you didn’t get after praying. Think of the countless blessings God gave you without asking.”

I have the one prayer I know that a kind woman in my old neighborhood taught me as a child, the lords prayer. I was told that it was God’s favorite prayer. I remember as a little girl visiting an old adobe church by the dirt road I lived on and how there was a saint statue in it with candles all around it. I don’t know who the saint was but there was always tiny pieces of paper all around it from people everywhere with prayers. Sometimes I could see what they wrote while others times the papers were folded up for only God to see. Even now, in those quiet moments I will see someone in a church and never knowing why they are there I will ask God to answer their prayers please.

“The cheerful heart has a continual feast.”  Proverbs 15:15

I would sit in this tiny church alone sometimes. Most of the time no one was in it, opened all hours, even at night when the moonlight was the only light out in it’s yard. I would sit there and give thanks, having my silent moments with Jesus. So many prayers of mine were answered as a little girl and also when I became a mother and had sick children.

” When a person doesn’t have gratitude something is missing in his or her humanity.”  Elie Wiesel

When I met my husband he would take me to Italy and show me the most beautiful churches with gold everywhere and paintings on the ceilings. I would tell him I have a church that I have loved since a child but there is no gold in it. When I took him to the little adobe church one day, he walked into it’s peaceful quiet and when he turned to me I said “This is the church I believe Jesus would love.” and my husband agreed. I will never forget it’s dirt floors and beautiful simplicity.

“He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.”  Epictetus

I left my old neighborhood years ago and that tiny homemade adobe church is no longer open all the time. Times have changed. A young boy was murdered down the street from it, gang related they believe, this of course happened after I was no longer living there. The huge Baptist church(I think it was baptist) just down the street from the little adobe church was burned down.  They rebuilt it. I have not been to my old neighborhood, too many memories from my past, but I take the lords prayer with me everywhere I go.

“I am thankful for so many things, but mostly God. Without him I’d have nothing else to be thankful for.”

My husband’s cousin from Italy just got back a few days later to let us all know she is doing better, she is feeling better. Another prayer to be thankful for once answered. What ever prayers you get answers for be thankful. Do not let these times turn your heart to bitterness.

“If the only prayer you ever say is thank you…that’s enough”

Please stay safe out there everyone, have a beautiful Sunday. God bless you all from all of us at Our Little Red House.

Special thanks to the health care workers, law enforcement and first responders, Christians, farmers, truckers, store clerks, food service, volunteers, and anyone out there doing good deeds. Don’t ever change, the world will always need people like you.

Flower photos are from my garden the other morning. New ones popping up every day.

Prayer update: after writing this whole post I was just checking my emails and found out that my Uncle is off the ventilator now and he will hopefully be going home tomorrow. Another prayer answered and so thankful for the medical professionals and their healing hands. Thank you Wendi for praying for my uncle, just got the news after 9pm, not sure when you got my message to prayer for my uncle but I wanted to thank you for all those prayers you are giving out. I will get to your site later to read some more prayers as well to put all your followers on my list as well. Stay safe and healthy, you and your family. I will keep you in my prayers too. Have a beautiful Sunday and God bless you Wendi for being so kind.

1. Eliza Ayres says:

Reblogged this on Blue Dragon Journal.

1. Thank you Eliza, I will keep you in my prayers too. Have a beautiful Sunday and God Bless you and yours.

2. Gersom Clark says:

GOD is good and merciful indeed. He is in control of everything in this universe. That would give us the confidence to cling on Him. GOD bless.

1. Thank you Clark and God bless you and your family.

3. Praying for all those in the hospital or struggling and for your family. We had a lot of pneumonia in our area last year, even before this and I lost two people I knew to the flu, which I had never heard about before. One of them had been recovering from cancer and the other had a heart condition she was waiting for care on. The woman was a former co-worker of mine and I still choke up when I think about her loss. She could be so caustic at times at work but she got better and became nicer and I came to appreciate her personality. I just never thought she’d pass. She was only in her 50s (maybe her 60s now that I think about it). I didn’t share any of that to be a downer, but just to say, for those of us who have our health, let’s try to stay positive and make the best of every day!

1. Thank you Lisa, I know what you mean, never noticed these things Flu type issues before. My daughter asked me the other day to put her friend and his family on the prayer list so I told her I would send it out to some of my followers too, you guys are so kind and always great at cheering everyone up with all your encouraging posts. So Thank you for that. I am loving the flowers right now.

4. By the way, those flowers are beautiful! What a bright spot to my day!

5. So sorry to hear that the virus has reached your area too. Hold fast and stay kind and optimistic – sending warm wishes from our family to yours.

1. Thank you so much, warm wishes your way as well.

6. So sorry. Thoughts and prayers are coming your way. Stay safe and stay well.

1. Thank you Jeanne, you stay safe as well.

Thank you for the beauty you sent for us to enjoy. Prayers have been sent up for you and your family this afternoon.

1. Thank you Wendi, you are always so kind.

it is my pleasure to pray for you……….

8. Of course, prayers are worth more than all the riches in this world!

1. Yes, so true and so grateful too.

1. Praise the LORD my friend, for He hears out prayers, and He will answer us. It might not always be the answer we want but it is the answer that is best for us in the long run 🙂

2. I know, this is what I always tell my kids too. God always knows best and it always works out in the end.

3. I wish I had figured that out a lot sooner in life 🙂 I was always the one wanting to jump out there an help. As if God, the Creator of everything that is, was and will be needed my help haha 🙂

4. Oh, it took me awhile too. I am still making mistakes because I have stubborn streak in me. Finally I will realize if something isn’t meant to be then I need to accept that and move forward and then a wonderful thing always happens where the outcomes is always for the best. I say “See God always knows what is best.”

9. Thankful for prayers being answered. ❤ ❤ ❤

10. Chandra Lynn says:

Big hugs. This is so beautiful and hopeful. And of course, sunflowers! 💜

1. Awww…thank you Chandra. You and your family and friends stay safe out there. I will keep you all in my prayers.

11. Omgoodness! Prayers for you all!
    It is my understanding that those with it can develope pneumonia. Hugs and praying for your friends and families.

1. Thank you Laura, my fear is that because there are not alot of test kits available they are just going to call a lot of these illnesses pneumonia or other health complications to keep the panic down, which I understand. What a job to have, to have to be a leader in a time like this. Some people can handle truths but sadly there are some out there that can’t and they can cause a lot of problems if they start hating and causing panic situations. This makes it so hard for the leaders who are trying the best they can to keep everyone calm. Tough decisions for the ones we call our world leaders. There are a lot of bad apples in those groups though, so we have to be extra careful of the lies.

1. Everything you said, eloquently and true!

12. TadraLife says:

Powerful Post of Prayer yes thats all we need during this Season it shally Pass 🙏 love the insight on your childhhood chuch such priceless memories indeed! GOD Bless!

1. Awww…thank you and God bless you and your family too.