Top 12 DIY’s at Our Little Red House.

Just a quick little post of some of my favorite DIY’s I have posted since I started blogging. I have some new followers that have probably never had a chance to see some of these oldies from the past. Hope you find one you love and get a chance to create something fun yourselves. If you have a favorite blogger or craft of yours please leave a link in comments. Happy crafting everyone.

• Lady bug beanbags– I bought this old coat at the thrift store and let it sit on a chair for awhile. I walked by it everyday trying to think of something fun to turn it into. I loved the bright color of it so much that I knew it would make adorable lady bugs. My favorite part on this one was the flowers I painted all over the bugs.

• Baby blocks– a really simple and fun gift for the new babies in your life.

• Pincushion dolls– I re-purposed some chunky vintage 80’s beads to make these little dolls.

DSC03967.JPG

• Easter terrariums- Our neighbor brought over a bunch of empty glass jars one day so I spent the weekend making pretty Spring terrariums.

• Lil lamp– This one was made in memory of my trip to central America in my 20’s.  So many colors in their decor.

• Americana crafts– some fun patriotic crafts and DIY’s to add some rustic charm to your 4thof July season.

• Clay critters- this one came with giggles. Let’s just say I am not that great at sculpting.

•  crayon rocks– great project to do with the kids when out camping.

DSC06466.JPG

• Felt heart mobile– For all you beginner felters out there. This one is pretty simple and a great way to practice needle felting.

That’s it, have fun being creative everyone. It is great therapy and good for the soul.

DSC04617.JPG

1. Gersom Clark says:

Nice (3D) painting with clay sculptures. 🙂👍

1. Thank you. They are super tiny so they don’t take up a lot of room.

Wow, wonderful line of crafts to try! It’s great to stay at home and stay creative.

1. Thank you Mel, yes it is. Always fun spending the day working on arts and crafts.

3. Sabrina says:

You need to start selling all the amazing things you make! 🙂

1. Thank you, so sweet of you to write, I would love to do that. I really want to make little craft kits of some of my projects so everyone can enjoy making them. You and your family have a great day.

1. Sabrina says:

That’s a great idea! I hope to see more! Let me know if you start doing that.
        I hope you all stay safe and well! x

2. I will do that and you all stay happy, healthy and safe over there too. Have a beautiful Spring day.

4. Sheree says:

These are all adorable though I particularly like the bugs.

1. Concurring with Sheree! Well done, Dear Cheri!

They are all so colourful and eye-pleasing!

1. You are very welcome, Cheri. I hope that you have had the chance to listen to my original music recently published at https://soundeagle.wordpress.com/2020/04/12/the-last-rag/

Please enjoy!

2. Thank you, that is very kind of you. I will have to check it out. Have a wonderful day.

3. Hi Cheri,

I hope and wish that my musical compositions can and will impress you as much as your arts and crafts have impressed me. 🙂

Cross my fingers!

I look forward to reading your critique or feedback there. 🙂

4. Oh, I did like it, I hit the like button too, should have shown up. Very pretty, Have a beautiful day being creative and thank you so much, you are very talented…keep making music, the world needs that.

5. Dear Cheri,

I am delighted to read your comment here. How very satisfying and encouraging it is that you have resonated so well with my musical offer in the post! Therefore, I would really appreciate it if you could kindly leave your lovely comment at my post too. You can simply copy and paste your comment and perhaps add more if you have something extra to say. Thank you in anticipation.

May you and your family have a wonderful April, and may you create more decorative items for your beautiful home!

6. Thank you. You as well.

2. Thank you Sheree, I had fun making those.

5. The ladybug beanbags are ADORABLE!

1. Thank you, and to think that used to be an old coat with holes in it.

6. Love the crayon rocks!

1. Thank you. Usually you can find a bag of old crayons at the thrift shops, great way to mix colors.

7. I love all these crafts! I really want to try some of them with my daughter this week. We are stuck in the house anyhow, so why not!

1. Thank you Lisa, you and your daughter have fun. We are stuck inside too. I want to go on a road trip so bad.

8. cheriewhite says:

They’re all so beautiful! But the bugs really stood out to me! I’ve always loved crafts!

1. Thank you Cheri, those ladybugs were a big hit with a lot of people. They are really cute too, hope you get to makes some.

9. Fun diy crafts! I’ll have to go back and check all of them out more closely. 🙂