Dollar Day Do Over…wooden tool box.

Here it is. This is the item most of you voted for me to redo last month. I call it a wooden tool chest but I am sure there is another name for it…maybe garden tool tray. Anyway, this was an easy one. I have a calendar in my office with a photo of a tray and the photo gave me and idea for this project.

I tried to copy it as much as possible but I was limited on the supplies I had available here in my home.

I don’t know if you all been hitting some of the craft stores out there but paint and craft supplies are running low in some areas. This is only if your areas are no longer in lock down. It is a difficult time to shop now, like shopping in a maze with an invisible creature after you.

Lucky for me that I had some paint in my home. First I covered the tool box with a base coat with some tester “Mistakes” that I bought months ago on a bargain rack. The paint was still okay and it covers better then those little bottles of acrylic I normally buy. I did end up using a little bit of acrylic paint for the flowers I painted on the tray.

Then I filled it with some faux flowers. I did not set up the floral display permanently since I wasn’t sure yet how I was going to use this tray. I  have a nice supply of faux flowers in my craft closet for Spring display but I am still deciding what I will be using this tray for. I could have continued copying that Calendar photo but held off on that.This tray could be used for anything. Kitchen supplies, books, crafts, and even some mason jars filled with fresh clippings from the garden. I may do that last one latter to put into my bedroom.

This was so fun, I liked letting you guys decide which project got chosen. I will be working on this Altoids tin for next months Dollar Day Do Over.

I still have a whole box of items to re-purposed from my thrift store dollar day shopping. Now the tin box was something my son gave me but it was still pretty cheap at 1.50. Maybe I can get my son involved and have him create his own tin invention. I will be doing something artsy where as my son will probably pick something science related (maybe) just have to see if he has an extra empty tin.

Happy re-purposing.

1. Binte Bashir says:

Wow! 😍😍
    Simply beautiful.

1. Thank you BInte. hope you and your family are well and keeping safe. H ave a beautiful week and God bless you all.

1. Binte Bashir says:

You’re always welcome. How kind of you. We all are fine by the grace of God. Hope you all are fine too.

2. That is good to know, we are all fine as well. Take each day as a gift and always be happy spreading kindness to others what I always say.

3. Binte Bashir says:

Indeed each day is a gift from Almighty.

I like the result, you can even put mini pots of cacti inside.

1. Thank you, what a clever idea with the cacti. I never thought of adding succulents, that would be pretty.

3. It’s really beautiful!

Ive been out of the loop but this came thru my email and i have a moment to comment. This turned out adorable, i love wooden trays tool boxes and crates!

1. Oh my goodness, so glad you are okay. I was wondering how you all were over there in Canada with this stupid bug going around. Stay safe, you and your family. Arizona is exploding in cases right now so it is not safe here. Lots of people are not doing the social distancing and masks wearing when out in public. I also love wooden tool trays, great things to keep things organized too.

I am in ontario the second highest province in casses but my small town even tho next to a larger city ..both have not tons of cases. TORONTO had the most of our cases..most towns here are mandating masks in public spaces which many are angry about, i sewed all my kids and hubz and me masks in a anticipation of this and im fine with it. Wearing one during treatments at the hospital for a few hours sucks but i dont complain. Ive been blue since all this started. Ended up in the er thinking i was having a heart attack, then thinking must just be panic..only to find out so much weight loss caused me to develop gallbladder stones and thats the cheat pains ive been getting. I hope to write again soon but been dealing with things over here. This year is def frozen in time for me..its nice to know we are all in it the same. Glad to see your still crafting. Our thrift stores juat opened a few weeks ago and stock is low..i dunno about micheals but the dollar stores are low on lots of things too…I dunno guess all of it is too much ive crafted but not felt like documenting it past sharing on Instagram…easy to upload a quick phoot and paragraph vs blogging ❤

2. That is sad to hear about your health. I hope that starts turning around for you soon and you start feeling happier and better. My mother-in-law had a couple panic attacks but she has done this when ever she doesn’t get something she wants…not exactly sure what she wants. Think her wish is for me to become ill. Anyway, we made masks in the early part of this pandemic, around December. My daughter got teased at work and was even looked at weird at the university she was attending in those early days but then they closed everything down for two months and they looked at my daughter and thanked her for being one of the early ones to warn them all. Some of them did. You will always run across those people out in life that are always looking for something to be angry about. Lots of angry people here in our state about masks and health rules. It is good that you are still crafting. This month, my birthday month I will be sharing a lot of positive posts and DIY’s with everyone. I want this month to being positive, try at least but I have my down days too. Keep crafting, even if you can’t share those crafts with us here in the blogging world, it is so important to do those things you enjoy. it will help with the stress of things out in the world right now. It is not easy taking photos, writing up instructions and then posting DIY’s I have discovered. I do love sharing though and hope to encourage others to create for

5. Sheree says:

You’re very talented

6. ourcrossings says:

Wow, this turned out to be perfect! You are immensely creative and in this age where everything is preprocessed, it’s amazing to see there are people who can make things and be self-sufficient! I believe, that the more we work with our hands and brains to make things, the happier we become. Thanks for sharing and have a good day. I hope all is well with you and your family 😀 Aiva

1. Thank you Aiva, yes we are well and staying safe when ever we do go out. It has been fun being creative during our lock down moments. Finding things we have around our home to re use and fix up. I think the whole world is learning how to be self-sufficient during these times and that is a very good things. Hope you and your family are well too, love those hikes you guys are taking and sharing with us. I need to plan a fun staycation here for my family later this summer.

7. Liz says:

I love and yes, you could certainly use it for different things. The question is, which one. It’s certainly something to have on display.

1. Thank you Liz. This is why I love these tool trays, they can be used for so many things.

8. So lovely. I love the mini cactus idea someone had.

1. That was Mel, she does the prettiest doodles and art pages that she shares with everyone. I like that idea too.

9. Isn’t it pretty. It can be used for anything! A centerpiece for sure! hahaha I saw it and immediately wanted it 🙂

1. If it wasn’t so big and awkward to send I would probably ship it to you. Right now I think anything with postage on it from Arizona would scare people because of our Corona cases going up. My cousin’s youngest daughter just tested positive for it, Their church had a big wedding and there were over 100 people who attended. There was a family member (the mother of the bride) that tested positive days before the wedding but they still went ahead with it, The mom just stayed home in quarantine. In the days leading up to the wedding she was still exposing herself to everyone even when she was waiting for results back…and no masks. When my cousin heard that,,she decided not to attend the wedding but she was the cake maker, so she dropped off the cake. She has a mask I made her. It was my cousin’s family that received the first batch of masks my husband, daughter and I made. I emailed her a link to one of my post that I did when this ugly bug first appeared and reminded her what our Nana taught me about what to look for. When I told her I was making masks she said she only needed three at first. I think I ended up giving her about 13 or 14 and told her to pass them out to her family. This was when masks were hard to find. My cousin was following the rules but others around her weren’t. Now everyone is getting sick, including my cousin. Fever, coughs and aches. My cousin said at first she got weird aches the would be in certain parts. Like her legs and that is it. Then she said her stomach was bothering her, like the stomach flu and now a few days later she said it is head aches, which she has never had before like this. No lung problems just fever off and on and headaches. Her daughter got her positive results back early and her son-in-law and baby also are sick. This bug is super contagious it seems, so please stay safe and be careful. More people are surviving but I would still try to stay as safe as possible. I have heard this virus is more of a blood disease not so much a respiratory, but there are a lot of rumors out there, so who knows what the truth is. Since they have made everything political in our country, down to wearing masks, the medication administered and how to treat this, we all just have to pray that if we do get this thing we get a good doctor that is not bought and paid for by something sinister. There is a Medical mob I believe that is bullying a lot of people out there. Great doctors out there trying ti save lives but some of them are following someone else’s rules and not what their hearts are telling them to do, or what they were taught to do…which is first do no harm. Lots of big prayers for this month, for the whole world.

1. Oh my goodness. I will add them to my prayer list. My doctor back home told me it is highly contagious. Noting like he has ever seen in all the decades he has been a doctor. Survival rate is high but he said the contagiousness of it is the concern. He is one of the good ones, the only doctor I have ever had except the doctor who delivered me 🙂 He said they really don’t know too much about it, how it will effect people because it seems to do different things to different people. It also depends on the person. I have been amazed that so many of the younger people getting it seem to be in great shape, and seem to be runners. If you read their stories, or hear interviews, the reason they are so “concerned” is because these are younger, healthy people who ran miles a day. It seems to take whatever issues elderly have and make them worse. My doctor told me decades ago he questions and researches everything as much as he can because, well, you can’t trust everything you are told plus it changes. He told me that when he was in medical school they told them that you didn’t need to test women for things like colon cancer. Women just don’t get it but it is a necessity to check men. Then he looks at me and says, you know what is the leading killer of women right now? Colon cancer. He said he doesn’t want to think that it is misinformation but more ignorance. That he would like to believe that people would do the right thing BUT he stills tries to do his own research, and not what is fed to him for that reason. I am fortunate to be able to reach him by phone if I need him but not really much he can do for me now that we are over 1300 miles away 🙂 I don’t and never have gotten why people who are sick, feel sick, or might even feel off still go around other people. I can’t take medicines. Very few medicines, and seriously, I can count them on one hand that doesn’t have a severe reaction once it’s in my system. So, for instance, I am more aware/cautious during cold and flu seasons because if I get sick there is no prescriptions or over the counter medicines that I can take. I have to suffer through it. If I ever even sneeze, or get a runny nose or sore throat etc, I STAY HOME Why? Because I don’t want to make others sick! What if they are like me, and suffer because I went out? I think about things like that but people don’t. I have been around people sicker than dogs that don’t care. They will not stay home. I hear, “oh well I got it from somewhere” How selfish. Or, “everybody gets sick, just take some of this, that, or the other like they have been doing. It helps” Ummmmm I can’t. I explain I have to suffer through it, and if it spreads to infection or anything else. Well, then I still have to suffer through it. I will hear, oh thats terrible but they will be right back out spreading germs as soon as they are sick again hahaha.

2. What a great doctor you have there and so honest too. We had a nice doctor here for awhile but he just disappeared and now we can’t find him in the system. We think he went back to his country in Vietnam. This was a year before the pandemic started. There are books out there that talk about how it is in our foods, the more natural (closes to what God made is what I say) foods where we heal ourselves and keep healthy. Lots of processed and packaged foods now so it is hard to follow a healthy lifestyle. We don’t know what we are ingesting anymore. Also medications we take are coming back years later as cancer causing medications…like everything is planned. Such wickedness and greed. Anymore I don’t know who or what to trust when it comes to most foods and the people that are telling us we can trust them. Just say a prayer we get a good honest person that is a true healer that’s what I always say. One time I had to go into the hospital for a throat infection and said a BIG prayer” God please send me one of yours” and when the doctor came in to check my throat as soon as he leaned down his cross fell from his neck and I looked down and saw that and felt like that was a sign. So many out there that are not really healing people, just making a lot of money off the business of a never ending cycle of medical procedures and sickness. We are all God’s children and yet there are some evil people I believe that do not see others with empathy but only dollar signs.
        I will never understand how selfish some people are when they are sick and don’t care about getting other’s sick as well. My 83 year old aunt is that way. Every year she gets the Flu even though she always is the first one to get a shot, each year she ends up getting a different strain though. Think she is pressured at work to get the shot because she works for a company that does a lot of business over seas (won’t name the country because they are in hot water right now with the world) and every time she has been deadly sick she never tells me or my family when we are headed over. One time it was the stomach flu and we all ended up getting three days later, that old stomach flu si super contagious. Then other year we came over to make pizza for everyone, she was deadly sick the day before and she could have called us, yet she just let us come over. Other people were at her house too and there she was sitting on her chair shivery with a blanket, yet she was sweating. I asked her if she wanted to go to the hospital because she looked really bad and that we would take her but she lied and said she was fine. I stood a safe distance from her while I talked to her and made sure to wash my hands at her home.
        We did not get sick that time or the other time she was sick, just that once with the stomach flu and that was because I didn’t know at the time and drank some water at her home. Who knows what I touched. Anyway, I am happy to hear there is someone else out there that is considerate when it comes to other people’s health and they don’t go out there spreading or letting others get exposed to their sickness. My own sister screamed at me one time because I finally had enough of her bringing her kids over when they were sick and getting my kids sick. It hurts them, it is no fun being sick. I always made sure to cancel events and meet ups when my children were sick when they were little. So I agree with you 100% on that. I have gotten a lot of heat over the years for my standing up and saying I am not exposing my family to getting sick if you all are, so let me know. Glad you understand and thank you for being one of the good ones.

3. I know it is plain ole good manners to NOT spread illness around. And the food you were talking about is spot on. AND now if you try to grow your own you will find they have genetically modified the seeds. Example corn. They have modified the seeds so that you don’t have to spray them with anything to keep the bugs off. Great idea, right? Maybe not since they took the seeds, and modified them so that the chemical that keeps the bugs off is now IN the seed. Huh? How is that helpful? I mean great idea BUT they were all up in arms about the chemicals sprayed on the seed so they incorporate it INTO the seeds. So, if you are a farmer who didn’t use chemicals at all, now you do. And I know a corn doesn’t have a “seed” it’s a kernel hahaha 🙂 And the medicines.Oh my goodness. One of the medicines I have to take occasionally a few years back I had to take some. Gave me the worst side effects EVER. My insurance had changed my pharmacy so I called the pharmacy I had used since I was 16 years old, and the pharmacists told me it was because the other pharmacy got their meds from another distributor manufacturer. Huh? Aren’t all pills the same? Apparently not. Active ingredient, yes. All the “fillers” are not the same. After 3 appeals, which led me down a rabbit hole of research, and I found out that all these “generics” out here are never tested in trials like the “name brands” The generics are so cheap because they are not required to do the 2 yearly clinicals. Generics only have to do a small 2500 person or less test before being approved by the FDA to go on the market and THAT’S IT. They never have to do anything else. After that they piggy back off the brand names coat tails. As long as they show they have the same active ingredient as the name brand. So name brands have to do 2 seperate tests twice a year. They are also responsible for the generics “mistakes” In other words if I get sick from a generic, the name brand has to find out why. Now back to what the pharmacist said. She said that what was happening to me was due to something this other manufacturer was putting into their version of this medicine. She also said that the other effects I was having off the original medicine was because it was a generic too! She said that if I could get the insurance to pay for name brand, then I could use the medicine without feeling worse while using it. It took 6 months but I fought and got it. I took the brand name, it worked effectivly. Better than the other medicine ever did. No side effects. It took 2 years for the issues the generics had caused to go away 2 years! . I won’t gross you out but it was digestive issues and migraines. Now, here is where the evil you were talking about comes in. Researching this companies, while filing my appeals with insurance, I come across article after article talking about the second generic meds company. Over and over starting this year they were going to double and triple their profits on medicines that treat, wait for it, digestive issues, and migraines! So, the meds they are manufacturing, are not helping with what they are prescribed for, and cause you to have digestive issues, and migraines. Now they are planning on double and tripling their profits by selling you medicines that “fix” the issues they are causing. They didn’t say they were their meds were causing this problem. They were saying it’s a big need for digestive issue and migraine meds in the market and they were developing drugs to help these issues, specifically digestive, and migraine issues. Yeah, I don’t know how people sleep at night but then again, just as much as we love God, and want to please Him. There are people that love the evil one, and want to please him.

4. Oh my goodness Margaret, you will never know how this comment of yours gives me so much hope. I always feel so alone in my veirws when it comes to what you just wrote, so nice to see there are people noticing what is happening. You could write your own book on the horrors of what you went through. I would fear though for anyone who goes after the AMA, FDA and big Pharma.They attack people like us who speak up. I used to tell my husband that the diaper wipes I was using for my babies were just causing a diaper rash that in turn made me go out and buy diaper creams that seem to only prolong the problem. I told my husband I believe they are in this together, all those baby supplies just keeping that gravy train going by keeping us all in the cycle of spend, spend and spend some more. Then I stopped using the wipes they sold in the stores and started making my own gentle wipes and I used aloe on their bums to help with rashes. I changed their diapers all the time so it wasn’t like I was causing the rashes, I also let them go diaper free with towels under them to help heal because I believe the diapers were also causing rashes, it was just a never ending cycle. Look at what happen with Baby powder and all those lawsuits because of ovarian cancer. I never used baby powder on them because since I was a little girl and smelled that powder I would go into a sneezing fit so I stayed away from it my whole life.
        What is even more frightening and just as evil is the fact that there are certain personalities out there that are prone to being easily manipulated and influenced. These “certain” personality types are becoming soldiers in a way, in that they attack anyone who stands up and questions the foods we eat or the medicines we take. They attack with hate too. My 83 year old aunt is one of them. She is a Christian too and will use the bible and God’s words to get away with her mistakes and faults in life by instead judging others who do not follow a materialistic and vain lifestyle that she not only has always followed her whole life but taught her children too as well. They are adults now and one is so broken by never being able to keep up with that kind of pressure has instead try to numb his way through life using drugs. It is a heartbreaking story on both sides. I feel sorry for him as well as my aunt. It is so sad and such a toxic environment. Lots of broken hearts in our family from generational abuses that some never were able to break that chain. Some people rather protect the lies to hold their fragile insecure and arrogant egos together.
        Yes, there is real evil out there and they are hurting so many innocent people all for greed. I will never understand it either. My husband just told me a quote this morning that gave me goosebumps because it is so true…”If you’re not paying for the product, you are the product.” and this is how it seems now around the world. You have those that just want to live peacefully in health and happiness, living a simple life and then you have the ones that want it all, not just what they have but also everything you have too. Jealousy, vanity, greed, hate, envy, cruelty and so many ugly vices out there. It is like half and half right now. There are good people fighting all around the world right now to turn this around…we do have a battle on our hands, don’t we? Just happy I walk in the light, where the truths always shines. Stay safe, you and your family. Like I wrote before, lots of prayers going out these past few months. I will keep you in my prayers.

5. Oh you are not alone my friend, and you are not in the conspiracy column. I got all my information straight of the FDA, and the medical library. It is a site set up for med students, as well as doctors when they are researching, or publishing papers. If ANY BODY in my family is sick I go straight to the medical library. It is a painful. labour intensive read LOL BUT you will find most of the answers. It amazes me the wealth of information “hiding in plain sight” A few years back my sister was admitted to the hospital. Within 3 hours of researching the med library I told her EXACTLY what it was, her gall bladder. It took the hospital 2 days. Meanwhile they have racked up a huge bill “figuring” it out. I find it hard to believe that I can sit at a computer going through the medical library, enter in what she says she is feeling, me continuing to ask questions(through text, no less) to help eliminate ailments, and in 3 hours told her exactly what it is. She said no they already ruled out her gall bladder. I kept looking but by process of elimination, kept coming back to the same thing, gall bladder. Then I started asking about the tests they gave her. Well, only one before they eliminated her gall bladder. After they were out of ideas, I asked her to request the 2 other test that would confirm “my diagnosis” She requested, they said no. I told her to insist because at this point they already ran up 2 days of bills, hospital stay etc. She did after being less than nice to me over the text. I basically argued her into it. They only had to run ONE. Guess what.. gall bladder. They were about to send her home with the diagnosis of mild heartburn(gave her meds for it too) stress which resulted in muscle pull which is what they said was causing the shoulder, neck chest pain(and of course gave her meds for that too) BUT after they ran 1 of the 2 tests I had her request it was, wait for it, her gall bladder!!!!! So instead of sending her home, like they were doing, with meds that would do nothing and were unnecessary to begin with because their “diagnosis” was not accurate, she went straight into surgery. And I get the family part. I think we have the same family!!!!!!!! Because even after what happened with my sister, she still doubts every single thing I tell her, I’m wrong, thats not what it is and when it turns out I am right she is so grateful to THE DOCTORS hahahaha 🙂 I am the one they all come to when they want problems solved but I have to drag them kicking and screaming to the solution. Once resolved, any and everything I have done is quickly forgotten, dismissed, or credit given to anyone but me 🙂 Thankfully I have people, like yourself that pray for me. God and prayers is the only thing that gets me through the days.

6. God is definitely on your side, he makes sure your eyes are open to all that is happening around you. He also makes sure we all meet up some how to compare stories too, even if only online conversations. Lots of stories out there like the one you just wrote me. I shake my head every time in confusion as to why some people do not recognize what is so obviously staring them right in their faces. The only conclusions I can come up with is that there is a lot of brainwashing and psychological things going on to manipulate certain personality types. Maybe half the world falls under this type of personality I am talking about while the other half does not.
        In my family there are those that do things for themselves and build with their own two hands things they want or work hard for those things. Then there is another side that is always complaining about how unfair everything is, how they don’t understand why they aren’t rich, or they hate people they believe are better looking then them. Instead of trying to find ways to make differences and changes in their own lives to correct these complaints of theirs , they instead look at others who they envy and crave what they have. Their hearts fill with anger and resentment. They quietly think of ways to somehow steal or sabotage those things they want. Sometimes the most sinister thing of all is not that they want these things others have but they just don’t want anyone else to have them, and that includes happiness. They want people who are happy to be unhappy…doesn’t make sense to me.
        These are the personality types that are easy to manipulate into sheeple, to make them turn against others who don’t follow the rules “They” put out, whatever those rules may be. Could be as simple as looking up information on that medical library, which I am sure the “They ” are trying to figure out ways to take away from regular people to have access too in the future. It all sounds ridiculous and Sci-FI like but there is a pattern happening here and families and friends are turning against each other more and more over silly things that in the past did not effect people before. Like masks wearing, some people choose to wear a masks and some don’t but people are getting scary mean about it. Or celebrating different holidays, some people hate you if you live a certain lifestyle and accuse you of being something you are not. You don’t even have to say a word, or have a conversation. Just wearing a cross can get people to glare at you. Although, I have seen more people smile at me when I wear one, then glare at me…so that is good.
        Sometimes with what I am witnessing I think we are just numbers to those other types of personalities, to be turned into ways to make a profit off of. To be sent home with a prescription that will cause us other health issues that eventually wear our bodies down. And once they are through with the cycle of money we keep the economy functioning by, they move onto the next number.
        It used to be used car mechanics that you had to worry about back in the day, messing around with vehicles to keep coming back more and more for unnecessary repairs just to keep the money coming in. Now we have become the cars with dishonest mechanics. At least this is how it feels to me. Sometimes we run into true healers and they are out there, but they are being bullied too by the medical mob. It is frightening and people are afraid to speak up. We are all afraid to speak up. We are only one when we speak aloud those things that have hurt us, so it easy to attack us as individuals. With social media and bullying tactics all over the net, some very threatening too, everyone remains quiet, but there are a few that stand up and speak up about things that are happening and are wrong.
        What is the most disheartening is when the person you loved as a child and was at one time looked at as someone to cherish you, love you and protect you will now turn against you if you don’t follow someone else’s rules. I know your sister did not give you the thanks for helping her, but I will. Thank you Margaret for being one of the kind ones looking out for others.

7. Everything you said is so true. It is sad to see, and I see it too. There use to be a time when the majority of people were happy when others succeeded. It gave us hope. Now it seems if you aren’t angry, jealous, bragging, or belittling people then something is wrong with you. Some one getting hurt is funny. Calling names is entertaining. Embarrassing people is cool. The list goes on and on. As far as the helping, I know the LORD directs me when searching for things like that. I am not stupid but never went to college either. I had to quit school to work 2 jobs so I could have a place to live, and pay the electric. I went to the college at night when they offered the High school classes. I didn’t want a GED. I wanted my diploma because I had the bright idea that one day I would go to college LOL. I got all the required classes to be able to go to college but didn’t have to take the extras like home ec, gym, etc. I also always got near perfect scores on the state tests. There were only 2 teachers that did the night classes. They both told me I had BETTER go to college. I was always in the advanced classes when I went to regular school, and the teachers at the college at first acted like I should be ashamed that I quit school having so much potential. Then when they realized I was 16, on my own, working 2 jobs, living with 2 roommates, and I weighed 98 pounds, not because I wanted to be skinny but because I had no food LOL they urged me to go to college. All I remember thinking was, suuuuure I can’t afford food, how do you suppose I pay for college? There weren’t all the “loan” programs like there are now. Although not sure I would have went for the “loan” anyway. I always liked paying for things, and not wasting money on interest. 🙂 So, finding all those things online, in the medical library and being able to decipher through it all most certainly has to be God. I don’t know if I am that kind, that right there is also proof of the Good LORD if you see kindness any where in my direction 🙂 I certainly haven’t been in a “kind” mood today. It seems like I have taken the chance to grumble and murmur at every turn 🙂 Thank God that He loves me, warts and all, or He certainly would have headed me like a shrimp today 🙂

8. There are so many people out there who don’t have college degrees and they are so much smarter then the ones that do have them, that;s just my opinion. You did a lot to survive and you made it, so that makes you really intelligent and the fact that you can read through and research medical terms and libraries just proves my point. God just points you in the write direction and you take off, as it should be. God gave us all gifts, we just have to figure out sometimes what they are. And you are also right about people letting the negative things more these days, like some twisted sort of backwards trend. I have my off days too, my moody grumpy days. On days like that I try to find some place to be alone to cool down and have peace. This world could frustrate anyone and when you throw in people you love doing ugly things that just adds to it. I just try to stay focus and look for those things that make me happy.

10. cheriewhite says:

This is so beautiful! My mom has always been into woodwork, painting, and crafting and I think I might go out and find something like this to fix up! Thank you so much!

1. You’re welcome Cherie. Not sure if I told you this, I forget because there is another person I follow that is named Sheree and I wrote to her that my name is also Cheri. I just spell it a different way. I remember being a kid and so disappointed when I couldn’t find personalized pencils and key chains with my name on them. I hope you find a tool box like this, they are out there. They make fun little storage containers. Great for organizing.

1. cheriewhite says:

Awesome! And wow! You and I have the sanw thing in common! When Inwas a kid, I was disappointed that there were no characters on TV shows and in books named Cherie. And I couldn’t understand that! But now, there are a few! Thank you so much!

2. We are unique. I remember watching Happy Days as a little girl, the older seasons and on the intro they always had a wall full of graffiti they showed. On that wall my name was written and the correct way to, at least how I spelled it. It was so cool seeing that every weak when I watch Happy Days. I didn’t get the key chains or pencils but I did see it on TV once a week, so funny.

3. cheriewhite says:

Wow! Do you pronouce your name like “Sherry” or “Sha-REE?” My name is pronounced the latter way and it sadly, isn’t very common. That’s what I don’t like about it. And people mispronounce my name all the time. I gave up correcting them years ago and just solved the problem by giving myself a nickname “Nikki”. Problem solved! Hee-hee-hee!

4. It is pronounced like your name Sha-Ree. I did this little trick as a child because I grew up in a rough neighborhood. I was even beat up once by two girls because of the color of my skin. No one talks about how being white in a minority neighborhood as a child you get picked on as well.Too touchy of a subject right now. It is a long story but it has a good ending because the bully and the bullied became best friends. Kids just need to be kids and not listen to the adults in their lives that teach them to be ugly and cruel. Anyway, because I grew up in a rough area, I would not correct people (strangers) when they asked my name as a child, I would only tell them the correct pronunciation when I got to know them better. This way if there ever came a time when I would meet up with them again and they called me by the other name I would know they were a stranger. Lots of my friends later in life, when I would run into them, would call out Sha Ree and I would smile knowing a friend was near. Something growing up in bad neighborhood and around sketchy people will do to you.

5. cheriewhite says:

I completely understand! I was victim of that sort of thing myself in school. I was bullied by both black and white because I had been an Army brat and was never taught to be racist. I talked to everyone regardless of their skin color. Because when you’ve lived on or near military bases, racism isn’t even an issue. Then I moved to TN and all that changed. I was bullied by both races and considered trash because I didn’t think like they did.

I’m sorry you grew up in such a tough neighborhood. The school I attended after we moved to TN was rough as well.

6. I always wanted to live in TN because everyone seemed so sweet who came from there. If you were in a small town then that is a whole other story. Small towns can be very gossipy and mean with new people. So sad that you also had kids being mean to you, seems to be a pattern. Some kids can be so cruel. If you met their parents sometimes you understand why that is. Children copy what they see and live around daily themselves.

7. cheriewhite says:

Absolutely! Overall, Tennessee is a great state with good people. In the small town where I was bullied, there were good people as well. But they were outnumbered by the not so good.

8. I have noticed that about small towns. There are good people there though and they make it worth it in the end. Just stay away from the cruel ones. Think is a Lifetime movie out there about a town bully. He was so bad he shot at people and beat up people, threatening their lives. Even the cops in the town were afraid of him or covered for him. I don’t exactly remember but some 60 minutes special showed up in my YouTube recommendations a month ago and also an old movie from the 90’s about this guy that basically terrorized the whole town.

9. cheriewhite says:

Wow! I remember seeing the movie and the documentary! The town bully’s name was Ken McElroy and he was a resident of Skidmore, MO. I never forgot the movie nor the documentary. He ended up being shot in broad daylight while sitting in his pickup truck with his wife.

10. That’s the movie, it was an old one. It is s so scary how easy it is for one person to just take over and terrorize others. All it takes is one brave person to stand up to those kinds of people.

11. cheriewhite says:

I meant to add, there were lots of country “rednecks” and “ghetto” acting blacks (not my words but theirs) at school so things got pretty bad for a time. It seemed I didn’t belong anywhere there.

1. Thank you Nora, Hope you are well and you and your family are staying safe.

11. Holly says:

Sweet friend, this is adorable! I absolutely love your creative ideas. What a gift you share with us every time you post these. 😊 You never fail to impress me with your creative mind.

I adore your idea of adding in mason jars with fresh clippings from the garden. That’s a perfect use for such a unique piece! We have an old ‘herb box’ here that is very similar to your creation.

How have you and your family been? I’m sending my very best love and prayers your way. 🤗

1. Awww Holly, you are are always so sweet. I love your visits. I hope you and your family are well and staying safe. We are all okay, mostly staying home away from a lot of people. This is normal anyway during summer time in Phoenix, it is too hot outside. We call it being sunned in. I do miss our little shopping and eating adventures during our summer staycation traditions, so that has changed since the pandemic. Also it is hard to breath wearing a mask when we have to shop for food, the heat is extreme here and so very dangerous. and wearing a mask during very hot temps is difficult.
      My cousin and her family tested positive for Corona. They all had different symptoms like fevers, coughs, aches and stomach issues. They are still resting and healing each day at home. It was from a wedding event I believe. My cousin didn’t attend but she did see her daughter later that week, who did attend and had the virus in her already without knowing it…probably, we will never know. So lots of prayers for my cousin and her family are happening everyday from me. My cousin was going to drop a piece of furniture off for me to redo but never got around to it and then she got sick and tested positive for Covid. This bug is easy to catch.
      Mostly I am having fun organizing my hoard of craft supplies. I can not believe how much I have. I can’t wait to start creating with some of the stuff I am coming across that I forgot about. Finishing up lots of projects.
      I bet that herb box is cute. I love little baskets and boxes to add plants to. Have a beautiful week and please stay safe out there.

12. masgautsen says:

Wow, that looks lovely

13. Very pretty 🌼 for a moment I thought you had discouraged it so lovely you’ve painted the flowers. Xo

1. I love decoupage and make little decoupaged magnets sometimes. I used a stencil I had but I also hand paint flowers too.

1. Sounds nice 🙂

PS. Please don’t be sad, if you don’t mind me saying. Let the love of your close family and friends build you stronger. This virus won’t last forever. xo

2. Oh, I forgot to add that my cousin got a hold of me yesterday and said she is feeling better and that the virus did not get to her lungs. It was mostly sinus and aches with some stomach issues. She did have a little cough for awhile. A whole lot of symptoms but not bad. She still does not have any sense of taste or smell though, so weird. I am so thankful she is okay. I still get angry though at how messed up things are with how some of our leaders handles this virus. I can’t believe they have turned it into a political thing and on top of that they added more chaos with things in our city. Very touchy subject so I was just leave it at that. Lots of hate going on out there but there is also lots of good too. Just have to keep focused on that.

3. Thank goodness it didn’t reach her lungs. That is one fear of mine since mine are already badly damaged from asthma and being allergic to a number of things, I don’t breath properly. I hope she gets to regain her sense of smell and taste.

This virus should never have been let into our countries how it was. Travellers from abroad should have been tested and quarantined first and we wouldn’t have all this pain and fear. I isolated myself from others earlier on because my immune system isn’t that great, fortunately I had an online shopping pass but I still couldn’t buy all the food the three of us and dogs needed. My food/essentials shopping bills have rocketed – at least a hundred pounds (double that in US dollars?) a month for the same/similar goods. I have to be a savvy shopper because of living on my disability money.

Yes, it’s a touchy subject this Red Monster. John is angry he’ll have to wear a face mask in shops now (we don’t go out that much), he doesn’t like how his glasses get steamed up. Mask wearing doesn’t bother me too much. We are a very low hit area, the lowest in England.

But I’ve noticed people getting too near us when we went to the vet… I don’t like that at all. Right up to our half open car window! for a chat. I like talking to people when I am out but I keep my distance during chats at the moment. I think it could kill me. I’m getting upset with John who is now too casual about it. The other day he patted a neighbour’s dog while standing to close to the woman. And I obviously don’t want my dogs infected.

I hear what you’re saying, it’s important to focus on the good.

4. We have the fear as well. The fear of getting too near anyone, the fear of touching something with the virus. The fear of having the virus on something we eat. I see images of people in other countries wearing full protective gear and think about how the whole world is basically walking around in a very Hot Zone situation, everywhere, without knowing how to protect ourselves from it. We are learning how to walk with an invisible enemy now and that all on it’s own can cause stress. Here in my city it is bad. People feel the tension. I believe our country is experiencing a civil war right now.
        The other week when out shopping with my 22 year old daughter a man walked right up to my daughter’s face and asked her in a panic where the cell phone chargers were. They both had their faces covered because in our area it is mandatory, Anyway, my daughter turned away and never answered him because she was frightened by his aggressiveness. He was wearing a red bandanna. He got to close to her and she backed away.
        The man got angry, like how dare someone…ignore him. He then turned to me in anger and asked the same question and I answered that I didn’t know. He looked to be homeless, think they call that rough sleepers in your country. My husband has family from England. Here though, it isn’t about homelessness because of hard times in the economy but instead drug addictions that have taken over to cause homelessness. Lots of people became addictive and homeless after becoming sick and taking pain medications…so disgusting how it all played out.
        We were waiting to be checked out by the cashiers. The man wasn’t staying away from others waiting in line. Getting so close to us all that he started walking back and forth near my daughter. I pulled my daughter away and told her to stay in front of me. There were others in line and the man kept going up into their faces asking about phone chargers in a panic. Everyone said they did not know and one couple even started talking about a family member testing positive for the virus ( I believe this was a scare tactic that failed to work) but the man still kept walking around everyone, cutting in line, looking through all the candy and last minute items they tempt people with in stores at the registers.
        Finally I just looked him straight in the eyes and said through my mask “I think the chargers could be way in the back of the store, way back in the far corner where automotive is” and the man behind us in line started saying the same thing to this panic man “Yeah, I think they might be there too, you should check there.”
        This is a huge store, so it gave us time to check out without some cell phone drug pusher (he was acting that way) going into a panic because he needed his cell phone to work for his next sell. What was so important that he needed his phone so desperately at that moment. He was angry too, like he wanted to fight. He left the front and took off to the back of the store and we never saw him again. Think he stayed back there looking over every isle and we have HUGE stores here in the US.
        So, yeah…a bit tense over here at the moment. I hope thinks start turning around but my gut is telling me that there is just to much hate out there at the moment so this is going to take awhile. You guys stay safe, wash your hands like crazy, social distance as much as possible and try to keep close to one another. Right now is not a good time to fight, disagree and separate with people in our lives. Now is the time to fight to keep connection and try to amend those that are broken (if at all possible that is, some people are just plain old evil).
        I am off now to do something fun and artsy/creative. Nice to take breaks and work on fun hobbies.

5. Goodness, what an unnerving experience with that intrusive man! That was clever what you said and the other man echoing it.

It’s because of the over-prescribing of opiates in your country that my country that didn’t have a huge problem with it, started copying by not giving proper pain meds to pain patients as myself. Weird I know. It’s probably a cost cutting thing from my government. I’m under-medicated as I cannot tolerate the cheap opiates thrown at me (they increase my chronic migraines to unbearable levels). I’m refused the dearer opiates and the medical cannabis. It’s difficult to have some kind of quality of life with severe pain. I wonder why ordinary people abused opiates like they did? Just to get high, or to mask psychological trauma? I can see how the addictions cause havoc, both my siblings are unbearable addicts, street drugs. Toxic partly due to drugs mind you.

We call them homeless people and an old term is tramps. I know that’s derogatory where you are lol.

May I suggest taking large amounts of vitamin C – ascorbate acid? We’re taking at least 4 grams daily, increasing to 12 if I feel a fever trying to take hold. Since January because I became desperate after six months last year of repeated sinus and chest infections (I’ve low immunity due to the intense pain inflammation). A cold is never just a cold for me, it hits me hard. So far I’ve seen off infections so it must be working.

Some animals including dogs naturally produce their own vitamin C, but humans don’t. (Although it’s believed we once did). I can recommend a book if you’re interested 🙂

Have fun with your hobbies 🎨 🛋 🌞 🌈 xo

6. My cousin got addicted to pain medication and now he has to get higher drugs from the street to get through the day. It is very sad how regular people that were not addicts to begin with would become addicts because their doctors pushed drugs for pay offs and special trips (this is what we are learning with reports coming out) Also so sad that some people who become addicts have had something hurtful happen in their lives so they try the best they can to get through the emotional pain. I wish there was a real program to help heal the emotionally traumatized. There is no kindness for anyone who has any sort of mental breakdowns anymore, it is so taboo. Just like physical health, we also need to address the mental health of the population as well. No one should ever feel ashamed of emotional pain.
        Oh my gosh, I know about vitamin C, it is a super pill. Way back when I was in Jr. college I went to a meeting where a doctor was speaking about the benefits of Vitamin C. He wrote a book on it, sadly he is no longer alive I believe but he lived a very long and healthy life…so I heard. Linus Pauling. I got to see him in person, he even wrote a book on Vitamin C. I love how the British pronounce vitamin. Doesn’t even have the magic E on the end and over here in America we pronounce it a whole other way.
        That is good that you are taking that. So sad that you don’t have the pain under control. They do acupuncture, meditating, and some people do faith healing for managing pain here the natural way that is. Some people even do aromatherapy. Lavender is very calming,

7. Yes we’re only just beginning to address depression. I’m sorry to hear about your cousin. That is wrong that drug pushing behaviour of doctors when they are supposed to be helping you.

How exciting to have actually met Linus Pauling! What a wonderful man who bravely advocated C when the establishment has struck off good doctors for that.

I need different surgeries but daren’t pursue that yet. Morphine patches like what my friend has with her MS would help too. She walks better than me. It’s so much pain ordinary people cannot possibly understand. I’ve blacked out and fallen over since 34. I’ve no history of any addictions so they the drs should have done that and more… There’s a reason why pain patients give up. 😦

Lavender is calming, I like herbs and essential oils. I’ve no money for extra treatments unfortunately. I’ll be ecstatic to get my bath sorted out so I can safely sit and wash. They’ve fixed the toilets so far. Do 🌼💚🌿

8. I hope it gets sorted out for you too. That is awful, no one should have to be in pain. So many things need to get fixed in society. Sometimes my cousin visits a chiropractic to help with pain. He got addicted to pain medication after he fell from a tree and hurt his back. He has had several; back surgeries since then but it seems as though each surgery just made things worse.

9. That’s awful, poor man. We call chiropractors osteopaths here, and we’ve physiotherapists which are also good. My spine is cracked apparently needs filling with bone cement. And my nerves are severely damaged from my hip (accident). I need a breast reduction because of the heavy weight, I’m big boned and tall with diagnosed hypothyroidism in Germany but they have a different scale here and still won’t treat it. Germany’s healthcare is so much better than ours, the NHS isn’t as wonderful as some say. In some cases surgery isn’t the answer and can result in tissue scarring and adhesions.

10. That all sound bad. I hope they start fixing the health care around the world. Every human should have some sort of care when sick. I am terrible at trying to figure that out but there is so much corruption out there with money being wasted that I sure all that money could have been put to better use. So sad.

11. Hehe the difference in accents can be funny… When John first visited me in person 12 years ago he had to say ‘water’ the English way for my dog then to understand.

O I meant to say, I didn’t realise you got Doc Martin there, it can be funny in parts like when he first moved there and that little dog wouldn’t stop following him about! And he doesn’t care for dogs?!

12. I loved that dog. He kept trying to get rid of it and it still kept coming back. We get the seasons here through streaming channels. Right now we have Acorn which we will buy for the month once in awhile. We switch things up.