A little sunshine for your day.

“It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not.”

How many times in your life do some of you ever feel like you’re never good enough? Always worrying you can never accomplish your dreams. If you are one of those people who grew up in a toxic environment then this is something you have had to battle with your whole life. Unfortunately by the time you realize this ,you probably think it is too late to just go for your dreams. Year after year you just accepted how things were until finally one day you woke up and everything was clear. This is kind of what happened with me and my family. So many of us are the scapegoats. I think this is probably what is happening right now in the world. Two sides, battling it out…the scapegoats and the golden ones. So much ugly abuse and contempt. Like crabs in a bucket my husband always says. One crab tries to escape and see what the world is all about and all the other crabs try to pull it back in. This is that sad programming that scapegoats were raised to believe.

Scapegoats will always question everything in their life. They may think they’re never smart enough, creative enough, or even pretty enough for anything. This is what they were made to believe… but they are all lies. It’s never too late in life to turn things around. Show the world how beautiful you are inside and out. Show the world your gifts and talents. Show the world how kind and caring you are. Show the world your strengths and even humble yourself by showing your weaknesses as well…all of those beautiful things about YOU. They make you who you are. That inner beauty that never had a chance to bloom, well now it can. There is nothing stopping you from going for your dreams and living in happiness. If you live everyday with those attitudes then everyday will be a gift. Time to get to work as my Nana used to say. Show everyone your beautiful spirit starting today.

“ You can take no credit for beauty at 16. But if you are beautiful at sixty, it will be your soul’s own doing.”

Marie Stopes

1. arielaonthego says:

i love sunflower!

1. Me too. In Tuscany they have fields and fields of them. They look so gorgeous. Here in Arizona we can grow them if we are lucky or we buy them at the markets. I would love a giant vase filled with them on a table.

2. Niki says:

Beautifully written and completely connects with me. Thank you x

1. Awww…thank you, that is sweet of you to write. So important that we all remember that beauty comes from withing.

3. Tanya says:

I don’t like the word narcissist. I don’t have any relatives that respect me. I don’t know why people can be so cruel 🙁But we have flowers to give us who realize this some hope!🌻

1. Your words are so beautiful Tanya and so true. Flowers make everyone happy. I don’t like the word narcissist either, it’s an ugly one. Hope you have a beautiful summer. I am back on now. Didn’t get everything done that I wanted for August but I did finish some projects. Looking forward to cooler temps now, hopefully we only have one more month of really hot temps.

1. Tanya Kohl says:

I hope things cool down for you soon. Im enjoying the early fall here. I eat more cookies and other sweets more than I should haha.

2. That is so funny. Me too I ate too many sweets this summer. I am such a terrible stress eater and that is why it is good to get out there when it cools down to walk and less being stuck inside.

4. Librarylady says:

Families are so complicated. Loving someone like family makes us vulnerable to being hurt in the worst way, but we have to take the chance.
    I love the quote about beauty at sixty. So true!

1. Thank you. So true about families. Yes, we have to fight for those connections sometimes to keep families united. It is better when we all get along and love each other. I love that quote too, beauty knows no age. Hope you had a beautiful summer. Stay safe out there.

5. Chandra Lynn says:

This is beautiful. My guys grew sunflowers for me this summer. I planned a whole series of process posts, but haven’t felt like writing them—not even as one post.

1. Please do, all flowers make everyone happy. I mean, I think they do. I would hope so. Well, they make me happy. We need a lot of sunshine out there right now. I bet you have some beautiful flowers and posts ready to share with the world.