Shopping trip to a small business garden shop.

Another one for you from before the pandemic. This shopping adventure was from a Spring trip my family and I took in March last year before the pandemic lock down.

There is an old neighborhood not far from where we live where they turned historic homes into small businesses. It’s a fun place to walk around and shop. There are huge mature trees that line the streets. It doesn’t look like Arizona which is usually cacti everywhere. Walking down this street looks like something from another state.

There is a tiny house that was turned into a flower shop on the street that is filled with all kinds of garden decor for your homes and gardens.

Here are just a few of the pretty products they sell.

In the front yard they had several metal garden bikes and little wagons to decorate your gardens with.
On the front porch there was a little wagon filled with tiny items for a miniature garden. Pretty flowers, tiny pots, and fairy furniture.
Inside the store they have several houseplants and cactus terrariums for sale.
These hummingbird garden picks were so pretty. I also loved the sign above about being fearless.
A sweet little bird peeking out of a dresser drawer.
Beautiful floral tea towels. Sometimes I will take vintage towels and turn them into pillows,
I love this teal blue color. It reminds me of the sea.
Hard to believe this is a faux floral center piece. It was so huge it filled up the the whole table top it was sitting on. I love the pink roses.
Inside this store there was a very vocal cockatoo, I have gone into several small mom and pop stores where there have been dogs and cats but never a small business where the owners share their pet bird with the customers. I love walking into a business were there are friendly animals to greet us.
I really liked this idea of a heart made from grapevine twigs. Then they added plants to the centers, so pretty.

Hope you all enjoyed this shopping trip from the past. Happy shopping adventures everyone.

Remember, buy small business and local as much as possible. I will have a new shopping adventure for you all next month that involves several small businesses at an outdoor Farmer’s market here in our city, and best of all it will be recent.

We also plan on taking a trip up north to check on Our Little Red House where some friends of ours just started a country gift shop up there. I need to make up some products to add to it and also do a fun post on the new shop. We are getting out now and slowly trying to build our trust up with not being so worried and locked away from life. Time to live. Laura at all the shoes I wear (https://wordpress.com/read/blogs/142266435/posts/6760 ) has a great post on that. Seems the pandemic has caused some agoraphobia out there, in tiny doses of course. Stay safe out there and God bless you all.

1. What a wonderful little spot!

1. I think old homes are so pretty and unique. They tend to be very expensive though and when historic there are all kinds of rules to fixing them up. This whole neighborhood has a mix of shops and people who just live in the homes.

2. Tanya says:

Oh it’s just beautiful! I collect blue glass knick knacks.💕

1. Oh yes, you would love it Tanya. It is filled with all kinds of pretty blue glass products. I think the owners love them too. They look so pretty when the light shines through them.

you visit the neatest places!

1. Thank you Wendi, I wish this pandemic never had happened. I miss exploring and shopping like I used to. Now we only shop if we really need something like food/pet supplies/ home building supplies. That is why I am looking forward to an outdoor market but I will go when it is super early and if there are too many people I will most likely leave. I feel it is getting safer with our numbers going down but I am still extra careful. Here in Arizona depending on the area, some people wear masks and some don’t. Here in the city I live in which is Maricopa county it is huge but everyone wears masks. Up north they give you mean looks if you are wearing a mask. It is hard going back and forth with having a mask on and having one off. Up north it is less crowded and we don’t wear the mask around Our Little Red House because we are in the middle of no where and out in nature, best to breath fresh air. In the city, we always wear them.

being able to escape from people and “life” sounds absolutely amazing!!!!! Our lives are pretty much back to “normal” now. Two kids work and I work a few hours a week out of the house now. We financially had to do what needed to be done for all of us………but, I still try to be very careful. Hopefully you will be able to get back to doing what you love. 🙂

2. That is good news. It is always good to get back to normal as possible. Best to enjoy each and every day.

Yes, I hope it stays this way, but we just never know what is going to be thrown at us do we? I do hope today is being kind to you.

4. Yes, I am having a very quiet month so far. I love those peaceful none dramatic months. Give me boring any day and I don’t mind at all. You’re right about never really knowing what will be thrown our way anymore. Take each day and look for and be thankful for every little happy moment. I keep all my blogging friends in my prayers. Have a beautiful and happy week for you and your family too.

I thank you for your treasured prayers!

6. You’re welcome as always. Have a great Wendi and I hope you all are enjoying this Spring season.

4. akolzol says:

Thanks for sharing! 😍

1. You’re welcome and thanks for stopping by.