A whole lot of vintage Santa’s.

While out shopping for my favorite little wooden vintage ornaments that I collect every year, I noticed there were a lot of Santa’s available. Not so many wooden ornaments this year, but there sure were a bunch of Santa’s.

I don’t really do the Santa décor. Unless you count the little Tomte Swedish gnomes I have been gifted with. I have also been making them for years. They remind me of grandpas instead of Santa. I have a couple Santa’s in the wooden ornaments I collect and a couple of really cool old European styled Santa’s. Think they are German. They remind me of my grandmother from my father’s side. She had several German ornaments out every year, she was full German.

Anyway, I thought I share with you all some Santa’s from the past. I actually did end up finding a really cute wooden Santa ornament that I will be sharing with you all in another post. Here they are, a whole lot of Santa’s.

This Santa looks a little frightened, or surprised.
We have cats, and our home is all tile…lots of breakables are the best in our home but I do think these chubby Santa’s are cute.
I really don’t know what to write about this Santa, except that he looks like he should be chocolate.
I like the Santa way in the back giving a little wink. Haven’t seen a Santa winking before.
I am a big fan of folk art. These pieces are modern not antique but still really cool if you are into that kind of art.
Yarn Santa’s were fun to make in the 70’s and 80’s. They don’t really hold up very well, this one hanging on the tree looks like it has seen better days.
This Santa and Mrs. Clause are a little scary looking to me. Except, I do like Mrs. Clause’s smile. And where is Santa’s hat?
I love the old Santa postcards. So much detail.
I think this postcard’s artist also did Campbell’s soup. I wonder, because the little children look like that brand.
This Santa was so cute, now that I am looking at this photo I wonder why I didn’t buy him. He would match some of my Swedish decor.
Another really detailed postcard.
I like how this mug has a checkered trim at the top.
A tiny Santa ornament but the nutcracker stills the show here. What do they call this? Oh yeah, a photo bomb.
This paper Santa pick was in a little baggie. he is small enough to fit in a Christmas card.
From the baggie basket, again in plastic bags,. My grandmother used to add these little fuzzy plastic doll sets to the cakes she would make for all the grandchildren during the holidays.
A whole mason jar full of Santa’s.

Do any of you collect Santa’s? There are some cute Santa’s out there. My favorite was the old Santa in green holding straw. Happy Christmas decorating everyone.

1. Sheree says:

Utterly charming

1. Thank you Sheree, there are some really cute ones out there. Santa’s always cheer up everyone.

1. Sheree says:

Don’t they just!

2. Betty says:

This was fun to see! I have a really cool Santa that my son painted when he was growing up. We had a red, plastic Santa (the one that looks like it should be chocolate) when I was growing up in the Sixties.

1. They remind me of foil Santa chocolate molds. They take us back to Christmas Santa letters and all the shopping back in the day along with Santa cartoons on TV. I loved watching Frosty the Snowman and the story about Santa.

3. So stunning Christmas Granddad Santa photo 👌🙏❤️🌷
    This year’s Merry Christmas will be happy and healthy 👏🎄

1. Thank you, you are so kind. Christmas is this year will be a happy one where everyone is safe and healthy to enjoy this special time of year. Have a beautiful and very Merry Christmas.

1. Thank you this so kind and lovely comment message 🙏❤️ Advance Merry Christmas 🎄👏

2. You’re very welcome.

4. ourcrossings says:

Wow, look at all the beautiful Santas! While Santa Claus is the legendary figure who brings gifts to children, I personally prefer Scandinavian style Christmas Gnomes as they are super cute, bearded creatures with mischievous domestic spirits.

1. I think so too, the Scandinavian Santa’s are so cute to me.

5. Michele Lee says:

Vintage ornaments are so fun. Sometimes a little creepy too. 😆

1. This is true, there are some creepy ones out there. Like old photos, which I like, but everyone always looks so serious. So glad someone decided that smiling in the photos makes us look so much better.

1. Michele Lee says:

haha Old photos are fascinating, but yes, smiling is an improvement!